Quantcast

Custom Auto Vacuum factors

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Custom Auto Vacuum factors

bartt
Hi,
I executed SQL like this one:

ALTER TABLE "public"."tblTest" SET (
  autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.002,
  autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.001
);

to set custom autovacuum parameters. pgAdmin in table property tab shows 0 for vacuum and analyze scale factors instead of 0.002 and 0.001. Script for table is generated properly:

...
WITH (
  OIDS=FALSE,
  autovacuum_enabled=true,
  autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor=0.002,
  autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor=0.001,
  toast.autovacuum_enabled=true
);

pgAdmin III 1.14.1 on Windows 7.

Regards,
Bartek
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Custom Auto Vacuum factors

Guillaume Lelarge-3
On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 09:02 +0100, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
> I executed SQL like this one:
> ALTER TABLE "public"."tblTest" SET (
> autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.002,
> autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.001
> );
> to set custom autovacuum parameters. pgAdmin in table property tab shows 0 for vacuum and analyze scale factors instead of 0.002 and 0.001. Script for table is generated properly:
> ...
> WITH (
> OIDS=FALSE,
> autovacuum_enabled=true,
> autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor=0.002,
> autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor=0.001,
> toast.autovacuum_enabled=true
> );
> pgAdmin III 1.14.1 on Windows 7.

I don't have the issue. It displays the right value. Widgets are
disabled because I didn't set autovacuum_enabled. What I find weird is
that you have autovacuum_enabled and toast.autovacuum_enabled set to
true with only the SQL script you showed. I don't have that. I only have
it if I execute also :

ALTER TABLE "public"."tblTest" SET (
autovacuum_enabled = true,
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.002,
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.001,
toast.autovacuum_enabled = true
);

What version of PostgreSQL do you use? on which OS?


--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info
http://www.dalibo.com
PostgreSQL Sessions #3: http://www.postgresql-sessions.org


--
Sent via pgadmin-support mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-support
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Custom Auto Vacuum factors

bartt
In reply to this post by bartt
I tried to capture a screen shot and I changed language to en_US, then pgAdmin displayed proper values. When I changed it back to pl_PL (or default) I saw 0 again. So I think it could be related somehow with localization.

TOAST autovacuum has been enabled previously, so my script enables only autovacuum.

PostgreSQL 9.1.2, compiled by Visual C++ build 1500, 64-bit on Windows Serwer 2008 R2 Standard.

Regards,
Bartek


 
--- Oryginalna wiadomość ---

Od: Guillaume Lelarge [mailto: [hidden email]]
Wysłane: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 09:58 AM
Do: [hidden email]
Kopia: [hidden email]
Temat: Re: [pgadmin-support] Custom Auto Vacuum factors
On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 09:02 +0100, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
> I executed SQL like this one:
> ALTER TABLE "public"."tblTest" SET (
> autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.002,
> autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.001
> );
> to set custom autovacuum parameters. pgAdmin in table property tab shows 0 for vacuum and analyze scale factors instead of 0.002 and 0.001. Script for table is generated properly:
> ...
> WITH (
> OIDS=FALSE,
> autovacuum_enabled=true,
> autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor=0.002,
> autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor=0.001,
> toast.autovacuum_enabled=true
> );
> pgAdmin III 1.14.1 on Windows 7.

I don't have the issue. It displays the right value. Widgets are
disabled because I didn't set autovacuum_enabled. What I find weird is
that you have autovacuum_enabled and toast.autovacuum_enabled set to
true with only the SQL script you showed. I don't have that. I only have
it if I execute also :

ALTER TABLE "public"."tblTest" SET (
autovacuum_enabled = true,
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.002,
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.001,
toast.autovacuum_enabled = true
);

What version of PostgreSQL do you use? on which OS?


--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info
http://www.dalibo.com
PostgreSQL Sessions #3: http://www.postgresql-sessions.org


--
Sent via pgadmin-support mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-support
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Custom Auto Vacuum factors

Guillaume Lelarge-3
On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 14:26 +0100, [hidden email] wrote:
> I tried to capture a screen shot and I changed language to en_US, then
> pgAdmin displayed proper values. When I changed it back to pl_PL (or
> default) I saw 0 again. So I think it could be related somehow with
> localization.

I think you've found the issue. I reproduce the bug quite easily now.
Polish is not the only language with this issue. Every language that
doesn't use the dot as a separator for decimal will have the issue
(french for example).

Not sure why, and how to fix it, but I'm working on it (or more exactly,
I'll work on it later... I need to sleep now).


--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info
http://www.dalibo.com


--
Sent via pgadmin-support mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-support
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Custom Auto Vacuum factors

Guillaume Lelarge-3
On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 23:46 +0100, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 14:26 +0100, [hidden email] wrote:
> > I tried to capture a screen shot and I changed language to en_US, then
> > pgAdmin displayed proper values. When I changed it back to pl_PL (or
> > default) I saw 0 again. So I think it could be related somehow with
> > localization.
>
> I think you've found the issue. I reproduce the bug quite easily now.
> Polish is not the only language with this issue. Every language that
> doesn't use the dot as a separator for decimal will have the issue
> (french for example).
>
> Not sure why, and how to fix it, but I'm working on it (or more exactly,
> I'll work on it later... I need to sleep now).
>

Fix commited, thanks for the report.


--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info
http://www.dalibo.com


--
Sent via pgadmin-support mailing list ([hidden email])
To make changes to your subscription:
http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-support
Loading...