Quantcast

ERROR: 42P01: relation "<tableName" does not exist"

ERROR: 42P01: relation "<tableName" does not exist"

Bob_A-2
Hello PostgreSQL world,

I am brand new with PostgreSql.
I was able to install PostgreSQL 8.0 and Npgsql 0.7.1 without any
problems, however when I try to execute the query below, from both
PgAdmin and Npgsql I get the same error. I may have a config setting
that is incorrect. I have looked everywhere a new user may look, but
still can't solve this problem.

My env is Windows 2000 using the MS .NET developement framework I
migrated  Access 2000 to PostgreSQL.

Help!!!
Bob Alvarado

PgAdmin III - Version 1.2.2(May 26 2005)
>From the Query builder and executor I get this error:
select * from pwInfo
ERROR:  relation "pwinfo" does not exist
PostgreSQL .NET Data Provider version 0.7.1  (Npgsql)
When executing the NpgsqlDataAdapter I get the same error:
mQuery = "select  * from pwInfo" String
ERROR: 42P01: relation "pwinfo" does not exist"

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

Re: ERROR: 42P01: relation "<tableName" does not exist"

Michael Fuhr
On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 03:41:43PM -0700, [hidden email] wrote:
> select * from pwInfo
> ERROR:  relation "pwinfo" does not exist

Unquoted identifiers are folded to lowercase, so if you created the
table with mixed-case letters then you'll have to quote the table
name.  For more information see "Identifiers and Key Words" in the
"SQL Syntax" chapter of the documentation.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-syntax.html#SQL-SYNTAX-IDENTIFIERS

--
Michael Fuhr