Quantcast

Setting Auto Vacuum from PGAdmin

Feris Thia-9
Hi Everyone,

I've just maintain my postgresql server 8.1 which has a database of 470 GB in size. What I mean by maintenance is to vacuum analyze it. And now it looks faster to accesss every tables in that database.

What I want to do is to set autovacuum for some of the tables, which configuration dialog is available in PGAdmin. Does it save to do so ? And is it permanently configured ? I dare not try it right now before I've got some advice from experienced administrator.

Thanks,

Feris

Re: Setting Auto Vacuum from PGAdmin

Guillaume Lelarge-3
Hi,

Le 18/04/2010 12:09, Feris Thia a écrit :
> [...]
> I've just maintain my postgresql server 8.1 which has a database of 470 GB
> in size. What I mean by maintenance is to vacuum analyze it. And now it
> looks faster to accesss every tables in that database.
>
> What I want to do is to set autovacuum for some of the tables, which
> configuration dialog is available in PGAdmin.

Sure, use the table properties dialog to change the autovacuum settings
for each table.

> Does it save to do so ?

I suppose you mean safe? if so, sure, it is completely safe.

> And is it permanently configured ?

Yes.

And if you find any bugs in pgAdmin, don't forget to report them.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: Setting Auto Vacuum from PGAdmin

Feris Thia-9
Hi Guillame,

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Guillaume Lelarge <[hidden email]> wrote:

I suppose you mean safe? if so, sure, it is completely safe.

Yes, I mean safe. Thanks for the helps. Will configure them then :)

Thanks,

Feris