Quantcast

pg_toast_temp & pg_temp schemas

Bala Venkat
Dear all -

          In the postgres db we have, I see there are many pg_toast_temp and pg_temp schemas are getting created. Is it ok to drop those schemas ? Is there a way to prevent them being created? Can you please share you thoughts?

Regards

Re: pg_toast_temp & pg_temp schemas

Tom Lane-2
akp geek <[hidden email]> writes:
>           In the postgres db we have, I see there are many pg_toast_temp and
> pg_temp schemas are getting created.

This is expected if you're using temp tables.  That's where they live.

> Is it ok to drop those schemas ? Is
> there a way to prevent them being created?

No, and no (other than not using temp tables).

                        regards, tom lane